First of all, thank you for showing an interest in Maffra Machinery and Equipment's range of top quality "Millers Falls" machinery, tools and equipment.
Freight quotes are provided on the checkout page of our website
Due to Occupational Health and Safety regulations, any item weighing more than 30kg requires lifting equipment to be used to load or unload it from the delivery vehicle and freight companies charge a fee for delivery on a truck equipped with a hydraulic loading / unloading device.
We have no way of knowing whether you have access to the required lifting equipment at your delivery address.Because of this and the fact that we don't put any margin on the cost of freight, we are unable to absorb the cost of a truck with a loader installed so we are forced to include this cost in the freight quotes generated on our site. However, if you do have access to the necessary equipment, you can obtain an appropriate (Cheaper) freight quote using "Method 2" below.
There are two ways to get a quote for delivery of your purchase, depending on whether or not you have access to equipment such as a forklift, crane, tractor with a front end loader chain block with a suitable suspension point, etc. which is capable of lifting your purchase off the truck.
(Use this method if you don't have access to the necessary lifting equipment)
- Click the "ADD TO CART" button on the page showing the product which interests you. This will open the Shopping Cart window.
- In the Shopping Cart window, click the "CHECKOUT" button.This opens a page where you can fill in the details necessary for your freight quote to be generated.
- After filling in your details, click the "Continue to shipping method" button. The left hand side of the shipping method page will show your freight quote (including hydraulic loader fee) and estimated delivery time and allow you to select either the free local pickup or freight option while the right hand side of the page will show your total price including freight and GST.
At no point during the above process will you be asked for payment method details of any kind so it's impossible for you to accidentally place an order or be charged.
After you're armed with the full price of the item, including any freight and GST, and expected lead time for delivery you can decide whether you wish to proceed with your purchase or just leave the page.
PLEASE NOTE: IF A HYDRAULIC LOADER IS NOT ORDERED AND APPROPRIATE LIFTING EQUIPMENT IS NOT AVAILABLE, THE CARRIER WILL NOT UNLOAD YOUR ITEM, THE FREIGHT COST IS FORFEITED AND A $25.00 FUTILE DELIVERY FEE WILL BE CHARGED. (Transport company's rules, not ours)
(Use this method if you do have access to the necessary lifting equipment)
- Click "Contact Us" in the menu under our logo on any page in our website. This will open our contact form page.
- Fill in your name, email address and a contact phone number in their respective fields.
- In the "message" field, be sure to let us know the model number of the item you're interested in (found at the end of the title shown above the price on the product page eg #LS25BD), your delivery address including suburb and postcode and confirm that you have access to appropriate lifting equipment at that address.
- We will arrange your freight quote and email you a written quote for your total delivered price, including GST.
We need your phone number in case we need to clarify anything associated with arranging your freight quote as quickly as possible, your email address to send your written quote to you for the full delivered price, including GST, to avoid any possible confusion later and the information in the "message" field to ensure that the freight quote is accurate.
You privacy is a prime concern to us and your information will not be shared with anyone other than the carrier providing your quote.
Free Pickup is available from our warehouse in Melbourne's inner Western suburbs with 1 business day's notice after we receive your cleared payment.